Sunday, May 15, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy...

I have been so very busy over the course of the last month, that I've not had any time to update my MayBird happenings.  Yesterday was the last of my super-busy days, so now I have time to unwind, settle down, and blog!  In the past four weeks, I've done two craft shows and had so much fun.

The first show was one that my wonderful friend Susan and I coordinated.  We are hoping to have this craft show twice a year and give the Christmas Connection a little friendly competition.  We called our show "Simple Treasures Spring Market."  (The Fall show will be "Simple Treasures Holiday Market.")  The Spring show was just a small one, with only five vendors.  In the end, one vendor got the flu and another had a death in her family, so there were just three of us.  But what a reception we had!  I couldn't believe how many people came to shop and how well we all did.  I am so excited about our Holiday Market.  We have had several crafters say they are interested in joining us, and I think we will have a great group of unique handmade items to offer.  Check back soon for dates as I am working on this project very soon.

Yesterday was my second craft show.  My sweet mother and I set up a tent at the Spring for Downtown craft show in downtown Kingsport.  We were right next to Racks on the Tracks, the rib competition, and it smelled so good.  There were some really great crafters and a whole lot of visitors.  I talked with so many nice people, and I got some great advice from some fellow jewelry makers.  The weather held out for us until about 3:00, when a storm packing a mighty punch moved in.  Super big, special thanks go out to Nicole Lawson and her husband for helping us keep our tent on the ground and holding it there while I frantically packed/threw everything into totes to keep it dry.  And another super big, special thanks to the nice man who helped us break down our tent.  Turned out that one of the metal legs bent in the wind, and without his help and strength, Mom and I could not have folded the tent down small enough to fit into the car.  Despite the storm, I had a really fun day.  It was nice to hang out with my mom, talk, and people watch.  And it's always very nice to hear other people say they like my work!

I've got lots of jewelry to add to my blog. Check back often to see the new things I've been working on.  And if you're on Facebook, check out the MayBird Beads Facebook page.

No comments: